With the increasing inferior quality of public water systems, more people are confiding in bottled water for their hydration needs.
In today’s society bottled water has become a way of life and many government bodies, are now using it to measure inflation.
Plastic bottles on the environment
The effect that plastic bottles has on your health and environment:
- Plastic bottles don’t biodegrade, thus over time they break down into smaller remains, that pollute waterways, soil, and poison animals.
- When placed in landfills, plastic water bottles can take years, even centuries to decompose, emitting poison gasses into the environment over time.
- Plastic bottles and bags are most evident at beaches and in oceans, every square mile of the ocean has approximately over 40 000 pieces of floating debris of plastic.
Why drinking fountains are good for the environment
Take your stand on pollution and become more environmentally conscious through finding alternative ways to satisfy your hydration needs. Why don’t you start by considering drinking water fountains?
- Drinking water fountains have built in filters that extract harmful chemicals and metals found in water.
- The materials that make up the drinking fountains are often anti-microbial silver, that can resist and kill bacteria.
- You will help reduce fossil fuel extraction needed by thousands of dumper trucks needed to drop off plastic bottles to landfills daily.
Indoor Drinking Fountains
If you work in an office or leisure centre, indoor drinking fountains is the perfect solution in doing your part to safeguard the environment.
Outdoor Drinking Fountains
Putting drinking water fountains in public area such as parks, popular streets, a school environment is a great solution to reducing plastic pollution. Outdoor drinking water fountains have developed over the years to be more hygienic, efficient and easy to use.
At Pressure Coolers, we have a wide range of drinking water fountains for your hydration needs. To find out more about our drinking fountain offering call +44 20 8670 2000 or chat to us on Live Chat.
Plastic pollution might not be visible to the naked eye, but that doesn’t mean it’s not effecting and destroying ecosystems every day. Make a stand towards pollution and drink smarter with our drinking water fountain range.